What's my car worth?
Setting the right price can be the difference between selling your car quickly, or not selling at all.
This is one of the most difficult decisions to make when selling your car. The biggest problem most people make is setting their expectations too high.
The Price Is Right
Make sure the price you're asking for the car is realistic. Too expensive and you may not get any interest. Too cheap and people may wonder what's wrong with the car. Also remember to leave a bit of room for bargaining - 21st century buyers love to think they're getting a good deal.
|What's my car worth?
One of the first things to do is find out what your car is worth, based on its age, mileage and condition. Now, you could wade through dozens of classifieds, comparing your car, it's condition and mileage to the dozens of other similar vehicles, or you could use CountryCars' 'Value your Car' database, which has done all the work for you.
Value your car
To get a better idea of what your car is worth, consider the following:
1. Determine the current market value based on its age, kilometres and condition.
2. Check what price others are selling similar cars for. Remember, dealers can get more money for a similar car as they provide many advantages, i.e. security / warranty / inspections etc.
3. Consider any work that is required; when was the last time you serviced the car, do the tyres need replacing, is there any body damage or rust, do your brakes need replacing etc. All these things should be considered when you are setting your price.
4. Is your car in demand or not? The more unique your car is the better chance you have of getting a higher price.
5. In general, you should decide what you think your car is worth and price it slightly higher; leaving room for negotiations
Sell Your Car
Create an ad from just $55
- Regional Australia's #1 auto classified site
- 10 photos in search and browse summary
- Run until sold
- Free car window sticker
- Unlimited words
- Unlimited changes
Already have an ad on Countrycars.com.au?
Log in to manage your ad